Representatives from Pitt State, evaluating the potential for a new research park to be located adjacent to the KPRC, visited existing parks in Texas and Oklahoma in February and March.
Among the research parks visited was the STAR Park at Texas State in San Marcos, hosted by Stephen Frayser, Executive Director. STAR is currently expanding their facilities.
In Waco, TX, the PittState team visited Baylor’s BRIC facility, hosted by Jim Kephart, Assistant Vice Provost for Research. This was impressive 305,000 sq ft re-purposed General Tire plant that was closed in 1985.
Pitt State Team Members include: Shawn Naccarato, Dr. Pawan Kahol, Dr. Andy Myers, Darrell Pulliam, and Dr. Tim Dawsey
Tulsa is the home of OSU’s Helmerich Research Center (HRC) located in the Tulsa Innovation Park. Jim Bussert, Vice President of Administration and Financed reported that the Innovation Park is preparing for major expansion that will be “Mixed Use Commercial” and focusing on Live/Play factors.
- KPRC Scientist Publishes 2nd Edition Book
- Research Park Viability Study Continues
- ACS 2016 Pentasectional Regional Meeting
- Professor Petrovic Returns from China
- Presentations at Midwest Regional ACS Meeting
- Polymer International Publication
- 2007 Presidential Green Chemistry Award
- Cargill BiOH® Polyols
- KPRC Wins Patent for Polymer Concrete
- KPRC awarded allocation to pursue algae research